I've heard of how nutritious Green Smoothies can be but I've always been so afraid to try it, until now. So for breakfast I whipped up a batch of delicious whole wheat bran muffins and served it with a glass of really bright green juice. Much to my surprise 5 out of 6 loved it!! In fact I've made green smoothie everyday this week. There is nothing I love more than sneaking vegies into my kids diet without them knowing.
1 cup of fresh orange juice
1 to 4 oz of baby spinach greens or other greens
1 large banana
1 cup other fresh or frozen fruit--your choice**
Add the juice to your blender and then add the greens. Blend until you get all of the greens liquified. Add the other fruit and blend until smooth.
I used frozen peaches and added a little bit of honey to ensure sweetness. One time I added protein powder and I think tofu would be great.
Strawberries and/or cherries will taste delicious but the resulting color will be funny. Adding blueberries will mask the green (turns it a purplish green) for the most part and is a good choice for a beginner who finds the bright green color a little too strange. :-) I also like to use peaches, pineapple, and mango. Citrus (as in the juice) helps to cover the taste of the spinach.
Drink Up!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm scared to try this....
Our family loves this green smoothie, ours isn't exactly the same, but it is SUPER tasty! We love it and change it up all of the time. The other day, I didn't add any frozen fruit, just a few ice cubes and it was awesome!
Post a Comment