3 cups hot water
1 cup 9 or 10 grain cracked cereal (uncooked)
2 1/2 T Millet
1/4 cup sesame seeds
2 1/2 T flax seeds
2 1/2 T vital gluten
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup oil
1 T salt
2 1/2 T yeast
1 1/2 T dough enhancer
Approx 6 - 7 cups whole wheat flour
Measure first five ingredients into bowl. Mix gently to fold ingredients together. Let sit five minutes. Add 4 cups whole wheat flour, honey oil, salt and mix to a paste. Add yeast. Add whole wheat flour 1 cup at a time until mixture cleans sides of the bowl. Knead 7 to 10 minutes. Add dough enhancer. Knead until mixed through. form into 2 loaves. Let rise until about 2 inches above the pans. Bake @ 350 for 30 minutes. (Note: Susan also puts about 1 T of liquid lecithin in hers, I haven't tried this)
This is a recipe that I got from Susan and I really like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment