Monday, December 17, 2007

Simple Cheddar Chicken

I love this recipe because it is so easy to prepare. You can also make it in the crockpot (just add everything at once). If you use crockpot be careful putting the chicken in frozen because it always seems to add too much liquid and changes the yummy flavor, so if you have time I recommend thawing and pat dry with paper towel.

8-10 chicken tenderloins (I usually buy breasts so I use about 2-3 large breasts)
1 can cream of chicken
3/4 C sour cream
1 C medium cheddar cheese (make sure it's medium for best taste)
1/2 C milk
1 bay leaf
1 garlic clove
1/4 lemon (or more if you want more zip)
sliced almonds

Place chicken in baking pan. Mix together cream of chicken, sour cream, milk and half the cheese. Squeeze in lemon and mix. Pour over chicken and bake at 350* for a total of 1 hour and 30 min -45 min depending on oven. Uncover after an hour and add bay leaf and garlic clove (leave uncovered). With 15 min left to bake, sprinkle the rest of the cheese and the almonds on top. When done I shred chicken with 2 forks and serve over rice.

2 comments:

E.T. said...

This sounds really good - I was wondering if it was the same thing you made the other night - that seemed like it had mozzarella cheese. Thanks

Krissy said...

Oh, yeah that is different, this one I made at mom's and I think this is what we froze and gave to you guys after you had Samantha.