My friend brought these to me in batter form to keep in the fridge after Kate was born. That way I could easily make fresh muffins every morning. I love them and so do the kids. I've used this recipe and done the same for a few new moms and they seem to like it. It is a huge recipe so use a very large bowl. You can keep batter in fridge for up to 4 weeks.
3 C All Bran (cereal made by Kelloggs) - put in bowl, add 2 C hot water and stir until dissolved; set aside to cool.
Cream:
3 C sugar
1 C shortening
Then Add:
4 eggs
5 tsp bk soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 qt. buttermilk ( an easy way to make this is to add 1 TB lemon juice to milk to equal 1 cup - let sit for a few minutes; 1qt = 4 Cups)
Mix well, stir in bran mix, add 4-5 cups flour.
Bake at 400* for 18-20 min
Makes A LOT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! This does make a lot but it is super yummy! I made a dozen this morning, I only got 1 and the kids were asking for more!!!
Post a Comment